Black History Project
Each Student has randomly selected a notable figure in African American History. Students write a 2 page (typed) research paper about that person (12 font).
Research paper must include (Please see attached Rubric):
- Title Page
- Picture of the person on the cover page
- Date of birth/ date of death
- Brief life story in sequence
- Major accomplishments (movies, poems, books etc..) and awards
- Your personal reflection about his/her importance (Why is this person important?)- do not leave this part out!
After students complete their research paper each student will be asked to give an oral presentation on that person. Students must embody their notable figure. You may not read your paper a loud. They must introduce themselves as that person and give important information about their life and major accomplishments. Each presentation should only last 1-3 minutes.
Students must also bring a prop/ artifact the applies to your character (ex: microphone, gavel, music, instrument etc..) and/ or dress in character. Students can also create a poster or power point presentation.
All Research paper and Oral presentations are due the week of March 2, 2018